Westhigh Church is a part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination in the U.S. and Canada with ministries on five continents of the world.
Founded in 1885 by Swedish Immigrants, the ECC values the Bible as the Word of God, the gift of God’s grace and ever deepening spiritual life that comes through faith in Jesus Christ, the importance of extending God’s love and compassion to a hurting world, and the strength that comes from unity within diversity.
As a Covenant Church, we are shaped by the following five affirmations:
- The Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and conduct
- A personal, saving relationship with Jesus Christ is essential
- The church is not buildings or programs, but God’s people, striving to know God and make him known in the world
- We depend on the Holy Spirit in all aspects of the life of the church and the individual
- There is freedom to hold differing opinions in all matters not essential to the core of the christian doctrine